Saturday 12 September 2015

The first 15 years

I have just realized that 2nd September was the 15th anniversary of my first weekly blues show on commercial radio here in Britain. I am constantly surprised at my good fortune to do this and at your kind invitation to bring armfuls of my blues discs round your place.

None of this would have happened without the amazing patience and support of dozens of folks who've done the business on my behalf behind the scenes. I hope we've been able to be different to every other blues show; not because we arrogantly believe we're better but because we want to complement rather than copy what they already do so well.

There are hundreds of blues artists still playing our music in the good old fashioned way, I'm both proud and privileged to be able to turn the spotlight on as many of them as I can. Two hours will never be enough.

STAR BLUES is available on FM, online and now via DAB. We celebrate 90 years of BB King and 40 years of Ace Records this Sunday night at 10pm (BST). None of this is possible without you.

Thanks for the first 15 years. Yhe first track I played was Sonny Boy Williamson's "Don't Start Me Talkin" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment