Monday 21 December 2009

STAR BLUES on 20th December 2009 at 22:00

The weather defeated me for just the second time in nine years last night and stopped me getting to the studio for last night's STAR BLUES and I missed your company. That wasn't the only shock of the week either ...

The glittering party / awards season started in earnest last week and I braved the daylight hours on Thursday to mingle with the great and the good. You could've knocked me down with a feather: it's as if Ryan Taylor and me are identical twins, no wonder people confuse our photos on facebook. He now has a cherished companion piece for his mantleshelf to go with his Arquiva Presenter Award and we all gave him his props accordingly. Our very own Brown-Eyed Handsome man couldn't make it but otherwise gaiety, bunting and frolics for everyone was on the menu.

I've missed the opportunity to wish you and yours a very happy Christmas (or happy holiday if you prefer), even if you've joined me on Santa's naughty list I don't suppose he'll fly past your chimney on Thursday night. Spare a thought for the young men and women serving overseas that can't get home at the moment, and remember those that won't. All being well I'll be bringing you a roundup of the years best blues next Sunday at 10pm (GMT) including the announcement of artist and album of the year. Until then on 107.9/1FM for Cambridge, Ely and the Fens - on www,star107.co.uk for the rest of the world - take care of yourselves and take care of those that take care of you

Gary Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment